Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Codename: Cribbage

I don't know why this particular Ingredient for Game Fu leaped out at me:

Miscellanea

  • Game requires the use of pieces from a traditional board game, other than dice.

But it did. Immediately Cribbage (which doesn't even meet the critera, since it is arguably not a board game) leaped into my mind's eye. I could see the players "racing" each other around the cribbage board. I think it was a quick alignment of my recent desire to have amount of success matter as much as the binary switch of success/failure, and the word board which brought forth this very clear way of tracking amounts of success.

And now to the most important question: Who would race each other in the context of imaginary play and allow for multiple instances of entertaining and twisting interaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment